1. Overconfidence in how your life will turn out will never match your expectations or be the road map you developed for yourself (for better or worse).
2. Your health (and those you love) is vulnerable, even though you feel healthy.
3. Always have a back up plan because plans change, life changes, the unexpected happens… “Stay ready so you don’t have to get ready” attributed to Connor McGregor, Will Smith and others.
4. You are never too old to change careers, or change anything you do.
5. Do what you are afraid to do – stretch yourself.
6. Educate yourself – no one can take what you learned away from you.
7. Moderation is key (so hard sometimes).
8. Stay engaged with others – socialization has been shown to improve longevity.
9. Don’t wait to do things you plan for “some day”.. that day may not come or you might hit a roadblock.. Today is some day.
10. At the end of the day… it will be the end of the day.